Pages

Our First Post!

This all started as a crazy dream. 

You know, the sort of thing that you think to yourself but aren’t entirely sure is a real possibility. 

A few months ago I sat in the middle of my room, debating the best way to distract myself from going entirely insane from waiting to visit my friends back in Arizona. Since my abrupt move to Washington it felt like eternities had passed between seeing them. And this time waiting it out was like a literal prison. I didn’t have school to distract me, I had no job - I had nothing but my calendar counting down the days, and my phone counting down the seconds.

I swear, I could have been institutionalized from the anticipation that I was feeling. 

It was one night that I was sitting there biding my time until my trip that this idea occurred to me, it seemed a little difficult and required some work, but it was an idea nonetheless. 

I wanted to start another blog, but this time, I wanted to do it with my friends. 

And not just a regular blog - like where people go to reblog funny pictures of cats - I wanted to start something that had real content. Somewhere where I could go to remain part of my friends’ lives even as we all headed into our second chapter hundreds of miles away from each other. I wanted a way to know what was going on in my best friends’ lives without having to spam their phones with text messages. I wanted a way to see what they were doing on a more personal level than social media. I wanted us to be connected through the best mode of communication that I could think of.

I’ve been writing for my own personal blog since 2012 which led me to fall in love with the world of blogging. It’s my outlet, the place where I can go to get everything out as honestly and candidly as possible. The place where I could spend my time creating content through my favorite mode of communication: writing.

The idea that my friends could be a part of something that I was so passionate about was beyond thrilling. The concept of doing what I love with people that are so close to my heart is practically a dream come true for me. And because my friends are the best in the world, upon my proposition their answer was a resounding yes…and “The Second Chapter” was born!

For the purpose of this blog we’ve decided to define “the second chapter” as life after high school, and for each of us that means something entirely different. In the story of our lives, this is the point where we are closing the first chapter and calling the shots in the process of writing the next. This is the point where everything changes.

Together, we have engineered this blog based around the idea of telling the story of our “second chapter” as we write it. For each of us it is a way to stay updated on each other’s lives even when we are on opposite sides of the country. This is our way of staying a part of each other’s lives even divided by distance. This is our way of showing the world the reality of life after high school from more than one perspective. This is our opportunity to tell a story in a way that hasn’t been done before. This is our way of being together even when we are hundreds of miles apart. 

And I literally could not be more thrilled to be a part of something so special with two of my closest friends. 

We’re all heading out in different directions, our lives taking each of us on different paths, and each of us is trying to find our way after turning the page on our first chapter, and this is our way of doing it together. And in some ways, at least for me personally, this is a way to be held accountable as I head out into the world separated from my church family foundation.


I am so excited to see the shape that this blog takes and cannot wait to see what this chapter brings to each of us!

Amethyst 


I could not be more excited to be writing about the second chapter of my life with these two amazing girls, who have in so many ways influenced, inspired, challenged and changed me. I am so honored to get to continue my journey with them, even if the extent of that is to write together from different corners of the country.
Over the past few weeks I have been doing a lot of thinking about the blog. Wondering what I will write about, and wondering if when I do find something to write about if it will even be worth reading. 
You see, I love writing, and English classes were a breeze for me, but I had one major problem with them: I wasn’t passionate about what I was writing. I didn’t have the freedom to discuss whatever resonated with me or what God had placed on my heart; and that is one of the many reasons that I am so thrilled to be embarking on this journey. God has already begun showing me the deeper side of the simple, everyday mundane things in life, and I cannot wait to get them out on paper.
So, here’s to The Second Chapter!
- Remington


I'm not a blogger. Actually, I know nothing about blogging. It required an embarrassing amount of phone calls and texts back and forth in order for me to even operate this website. However, I do have a passion for writing and a blogger friend with a dream. So here I am.

Teaming up with Amethyst and Remington to create this little corner of the internet excites me just as much as it intimidates me. I love the idea of being connected with some of my best friends, and working on a project with them from different corners of the country. I'm humbled, as well as honored to share this blog with some of the most godly and inspiring women I know.

However, we're all a bit head strong and tend to voice our thoughts without yielding. But I think that will make this interesting. We all view things quite differently and come from diverse backgrounds, which certainly brings fresh perspective into my life. Naturally, I couldn't turn down the unique project of digitizing our view points. I look forward to discussing the the typically unmentionable topics here, and hopefully offering to readers the perspective that this friendship has given me.

While I'm not a blogger, I'm thrilled to give it a shot and adventure with Amethyst, Remington, and anyone willing to spend a spare moment listening to what we have to say.

-Jami



No comments:

Post a Comment